The My Learning portal provides you with access to our complete library of online learning modules designed to help you enhance your knowledge of our range of SmartGuard® technology based insulin pump therapy products.
By completing these modules, you will be able to provide greater insights to your patients in the management of their diabetes. These modules are suitable for any healthcare professional involved in the care of people living with diabetes including Endocrinologists, Certified Product Trainers, Diabetes Educators, Dietitians, Nurses, GPs and Pharmacists.
If you wish to register, please contact your local Medtronic representative to receive an invitation to access the modules. You can then complete the My Learning according to your interests and pace. Alternatively, please fill out this form.
MiniMed® 770G/670G Learning Modules
Module 1 – Introduction to MiniMed® 770G/670G with SmartGuard™ Technology
In this Course you will get fundamental information about the MiniMed 770G/670G with SmartGuard™ Technology. When completing this module, you will learn about:
- The impact of HbA1c reduction, hypoglycaemia and Time in Range on the Diabetes control.
- Why the automation of insulin delivery is needed.
- The system components of the MiniMed 770G/670G system and clinical evidence of the SmartGuard™ Technology with the MiniMed™ 770G/670G
- The difference between Manual Mode and SmartGuard™ Auto Mode with the MiniMed 770G/670G system.
Module 2 - MiniMed 770G/670G System with Smartguard™ Technology Practical Application
In this course you will get more comprehensive information about the Minimed 770G/670G with SmartGuard™ Technology. When completing this module, you will learn about:
- Bolusing when using SmartGuard™ Auto mode
- How to select patients and what are the clinical indications
- What are the safety features in SmartGuard™ Auto Mode
- Possible reasons for Auto Mode exits and how to avoid
- How to Initiate SmartGuard™ Auto Mode
- The training schedule for different patient groups
- Why Carelink™ Follow up visits are key for success with SmartGuard™ Auto Mode
- The Resources to learn more about the MiniMed 770G/670G system and to start your patients successfully on the system
Module 3 - CareLink™ Insights & Data Interpretation MiniMed 770G/670G
This Module will provide fundamental information about the MiniMed 770G/670G system and Carelink™ insights.
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Review the MiniMed 770G/670G Carelink™ reports and provided information
- Identify the recommended methodology used to analyse and interpret MiniMed 770G/670G data
- Recognise the tools available to help analyse MiniMed 770G/670G data and to follow-up with your patients
Knowledge Check - MiniMed 770G/670G with SmartGuard™ Technology
Following the practical course, you are able to check your knowledge about the MiniMed™ 770G/670G system with SmartGuard™ Technology.
Why participate in these online learning courses?
Following the completion of each course you will receive a certificate entitling you to the professional development points. If you are an Endocrinologist these courses also contribute towards your professional development. The RACP currently attributes 1 credit per hour for web-based learning activities. For more information, please visit the RACP website.
How, Where and When?
Online learning offers you flexibility in that you can complete them from the comfort of your home or office. The modules take approximately 30 minutes each to complete and all include a short set of questions to test your understanding. You will have 12 weeks to complete both the courses. Once you have finished each course, you will receive an official Medtronic Diabetes certificate of completion. For those unregistered, please follow this link to learn more through our webinar series.
MiniMed 640G Learning Modules
Two core programs make up the learning modules
This program involves six learning modules designed to give you the initial tools required to successfully understand and implement insulin pump therapy:
- Benefits of Insulin Pump Therapy (CSII) & Patient Selection - with Dr Mark Forbes, Endocrinologist
- Clinical Evidence - with Prof Tim Jones, Endocrinologist
- Calculating Initial Pump Settings - with Dr Anthony Zimmermann, Endocrinologist
- Adjusting & Fine Tuning Methodology - with Dr Philip Bergman, Endocrinologist
- CareLink® Interpretation Methodology - with Dr Kavita Kumareswaran, Endocrinologist
- Hypoglycaemia, Hyperglycaemia, DKA Prevention & Sick Day Management - with Dr Grant Cracknell, Endocrinologist
This program involves six learning modules designed to give you a deeper understanding of insulin pump therapy:
- Bolus™ Management - with Sally Double, Diabetes Educator
- Best Practices - Tips for Success with MM640G CGM - with Dr Gabrielle Howard, Endocrinologist and Robyn Gray, Diabetes Educator
- CGM Settings for the MM640G System - with Annabel Thurlow, Diabetes Educator
- CGM Alerts, Alarms & Calibration - with Rebecca Humphreys, Diabetes Educator
- Carelink™ Personal - with Jan Carr, Diabetes Educator
- CareLink Pro Reports - with Dr Peter Goss, Endocrinologist
Who are the learning modules for?
Any healthcare professional involved in the care of those living with diabetes, including Endocrinologists, GPs, Certified Product Trainers, Diabetes Educators, Nurses, Pharmacists and Dietitians.
Why participate in these online learning courses?
If you are a Diabetes Educator, the courses will serve as accreditation towards your professional development. The ADEA has approved 4 accreditation points for both Initiate and Develop courses (8 points in total). Following the completion of each course you will receive a certificate entitling you to the professional development points. If you are an Endocrinologist these courses also contribute towards your professional development. The RACP currently attributes 1 credit per hour for web-based learning activities. For more information, please visit the RACP website.
How, where and when?
The online learning will offer flexibility in that healthcare professionals can complete them from the comfort of the home or office. The modules take approximately 30 minutes each to complete. You will have 6 weeks to complete both the courses. Once you have finished each course (Initiate or Develop), you will receive an official Medtronic Diabetes certificate of completion. For those unregistered, please follow this link to learn more through our webinar series.
DISCLAIMER – PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION. THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED FOR USE BY HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS ONLY.
The content of this website contains material for the education of healthcare professionals only and is unsuitable for a non-professional audience. If you are not a healthcare professional, you cannot use this section of our website. Your registration and license information may be requested by Medtronic to verify that you are a valid healthcare professional. Failure to verify your registration information upon request will result in your account being deactivated.