An Insulin Pump such as the MiniMed® 640G System^ reduces HbA1C incidents in your patients. It can guide them towards better control12 by providing advanced protection from hypoglycaemic episodes13 and offering greater convenience for easier daily management of diabetes.
Introducing the MiniMed® 640G System^: it thinks22
A patient’s glucose level depends on many factors, including diet, exercise and stress levels. The MiniMed® 640G System^ gives patients better control because, along with its exclusive SmartGuard™ technology, it does the thinking for them. By closely mimicking the way a healthy pancreas delivers basal insulin to the body it helps patients better manage their condition, making it easier for them to follow your prescribed therapy plan.
Our infusion sets with the innovative MiniMed® connection are designed to provide a more secure insulin delivery from your pump to your body. The infusion sets come in a diverse range of colours and styles to meet your lifestyle needs, allowing you to be more comfortable and confident!
Continious Glucose Monitoring
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) technology tracks glucose levels in your body 24 hours a day. CGM uses a sensor that connects to your MiniMed® insulin pump giving you early warnings of highs and lows. Results show that CGM can lower HbA1c levels2 and reduce the time of hypos4, and aims to improve quality of life.
Blood Glucose Meter
The Bayer CONTOUR® NEXT LINK 2.4 is the only available blood glucose meter shown to accurately send glucose readings wirelessly to your MiniMed® 640G saving you time and effort. It also allows you to discreetly send a bolus directly to your pump and to conveniently download blood glucose and insulin information to CareLink®.
CareLink® Personal Software is a convenient online tool that accurately tracks your insulin usage and glucose levels, allowing you to compare any changes in glucose levels with your daily activities, such as meals and exercise routines. Clear charts and graphs show you these changes and help you and your healthcare provider discover patterns and adjust your therapy for beter control.
Our advanced integrated CGM makes diabetes management more informative for you and more actionable for your patients.
With Guardian™ 2 Link and Enlite™ sensor, your patients can:
- Continuously monitor glucose levels
- Comfortably wear the sensor for up to six days
- Be alerted before sensor glucose is above or below user-set limits.
CGM identifies up to four times as many serious glucose incidents compared to self-monitoring with a blood glucose meter.
- Enlite™ detects 98% of hypoglycaemic events23
- 8 out of 10 users do not feel the Enlite™ sensor under their skin at all24
- 8 out of 10 users feel more confident in managing their glucose levels.24
Advanced protection with SmartGuard™
SmartGuard™ provides advanced protection by:
- Preventing severe hypoglycaemic episodes 80% of the time25 by automatically stopping insulin supply when sensor glucose is predicted to approach a low limit26
- Avoiding hyperglycaemic rebound, resuming insulin delivery when levels recover27
- Better protecting against lows - day and night - with multiple limit settings.
Stopping insulin delivery also reduces the length and severity of low glucose levels.
- 93% of those who used a suspend feature in their pump felt more secure managing their diabetes.28
- More informative – with the Bolus Wizard™ calculator
- Programmable – with treatment reminders
- Remote bolus from meter
- Simple-to-set preset bolus and basal patterns
- Volume-adjustable alerts.
- Our first Insulin Pump with a full colour auto-brightness display – for at-a-glance viewing of all settings
- Large screen automatically adjusts to the surroundings
- Durable and scratch resistant
- Waterproof up to 3.6 meters for up to 24 hours – with an IPX8 waterproof rating.
Easy management for patients
The Contour® Next LINK 2.4 meter wirelessly connects to the MiniMed® 640G System^ for easier diabetes management, including:
- Remote bolusing
Discreetly sends bolus commands to the pump
- Automatic transfer
Automatically sends blood glucose values to the Bolus Wizard™, for easier bolus dosing
- Easier sampling
Sip-In Sampling™ technology automatically draws blood into the test chamber while Second-Chance™ sampling allows patients to add more blood if initial samples are insufficient.
The Contour® Next LINK 2.4 meter connects to Medtronic CareLink® therapy management software, allowing your patients to track their blood glucose control in greater detail.
- Medtronic CareLink® upload - conveniently allows patients to upload both their meter and pump information to Medtronic CareLink® software, providing you with detailed logs to optimise therapy adjustments
- Has been shown to help reduce HbA1c among patients, which can lead to reductions in complications
- Detailed, easy-to-interpret glucose trend reports conveniently allow you to review patient events and trends.