BETTER CONTROL FOR YOUR PATIENTS
WITH GUARDIAN TM CONNECT1,2
If your patients use Multiple Daily Injections (MDI) to manage their diabetes, Medtronic's new Guardian Connect can help make their life a little bit easier. With Guardian Connect, your patients will be able to check their glucose levels, anytime on their mobile device. Guardian connect empowers patients to take control of their diabetes.
what is guardian connect?
Guardian Connect is Medtronic’s latest innovation for Continuous Glucose Monitoring. It works with 3 elements: a thin sensor, a small plastic transmitter attached to the sensor and the Guardian Connect app on a compatible iOS device*. A quick glimpse at the mobile screen will let them know their current sensor glucose level and where it’s heading. But there’s more. Setting-up low and high alerts is easy so that patient can be alerted if they are heading towards a hypo or hyper. It is also easy to share patient glucose reading with their family or friends. Care partners can even receive a text message when the patient drops below their target range. Guardian Connect does not work with Insulin Pumps.
This is connected to your transmitter making it one small seamless unit. The sensor continuously measures glucose levels.
The Gardian™ Connect App lets you check your glucose levels at a glance, displays glucose trends and sends alerts on your iPhone or ipod Touch.
readings to the app
Connected to the glucose sensor, This lightweight, low profile transmitter sends glucose readings to your phone app every 5 minutes via bluetooth.
readings into reports
This insightful software manages your data. Automatic syncing shares your data with your chosen healthcare professional with easy-to-interpret trends and reports.
THE BENEFITS OF GUARDIAN™ CONNECT
guarding your glucose levels
the only cgm available with up to
1hr predictive alerts
of impending highs or lows
1 hour predictive alerts
from 10 minutes to up to 1 hour ahead gives you time to respond.
free 24 hoursms alerts
to up to 5 care partners on any mobile device - no need to download app.
reduced chance of hypos and improved time in target range
guarding your lifestyle
low profile supports an active lifestyle
waterproof up to 2.4m for 10 minute periods
re-chargeable, reusable, long life
1/2 the weight of other available real-time cgm 1,2
guarding with trusted medtronic technology
WHY STANDALONE CONTINUOUS GLUCOSE MONITORING?
- SMBGs are frequently performed less often than recommended5, because of discomfort, fear, pain or lifestyle6,7
- Up to 75% of hyper- and hypoglycaemic episodes can therefore go undetected8
- Patients may reduce insulin intake out of fear of hypoglycaemia9
- Real time continuous glucose monitoring can further improve glycaemic control1-3 and reduce fear of hypoglycaemia 10,11
- Endocrinologist associations endorse the benefits of CGM12
- Liebl A et al. J Diabetes Sci Technol 2013;7(2):500–19.
- Pickup JC et al. Diabetes Care 2015;38:544–50.
- Guardian ® Connect IFU.
- Dexcom ® G5 specifications.
- Hansen, M. V. et al., 2009. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 85(2), 183–88.
- Vincze, G., et al., 2004. The Diabetes Educator, 30(1), 112–25.
- Fisher, W. et al., 2013. Clinical Diabetes, 31(1), 34–42.
- Kaufman, F.R. et al., 2001. Diabetes Care, 24(12), 2030–34.
- Fidler, C., et al., 2011. Journal of Medical Economics,14(5), 646-55 6 Miller et al. ATTD201
- Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, 18(S1), A27.
- Martyn-Nemeth, P. et al., 2015. Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, 30(1), 167–77.
- Fonseca VA, et al. Endocrine Practice 2016. DOI.10.4158/EP161392.CS.
- Fidler C et al. J Med Econ 2011;14(5):646–55.
- Subsidised access to CGM sensors and transmitters is available through the NDSS to children and young people aged under 21 years, living with T1D, who meet specific criteria. Go to www.ndss.com.au/cgm for further information.
- National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS). Continuous Glucose Monitoring Available at: https://www.ndss.com.au/cgm (accessed July 2017).
* The Guardian Connect app is compatible with iOS9 and above. The app will be compatible with the following hardware devices: iPhone 4S iPhone 5 iPhone 5C iPhone 5S iPhone 6 iPhone 6 Plus iPhone 6S iPhone 6S Plus iPhone SE iPod Touch (5th generation) iPod Touch (6th generation) iPad 3 iPad 4 iPad Air iPad Air 2 iPad Pro iPad Mini iPad Mini 2 iPad Mini 3 iPad Mini 4. Guardian Connect data cannot be transmitted via a MiniMed Insulin pump. For more information, please speak to your healthcare professional.
^ $9 a day price based on a 12 month GuardianTM Connect subscription of $275 per month over a 12 month contract period.