BETTER SELF-MANAGEMENT FOR YOUR PATIENTS
WITH GUARDIAN TM CONNECT
If your patients use Multiple Daily Injections(MDI) to manage their diabetes, Medtronic's new Guardian Connect can help make their life a little bit easier. With Guardian Connect, your patients will be able to check their glucose level anywhere, anytime and without extra finger pricks.
what is guardian connect?
Guardian Connect is Medtronic’s latest innovation for Continuous Glucose Monitoring. It works with 3 elements: a thin sensor, a small plastic transmitter attached to the sensor and the Guardian Connect app on a compatible iOS device*. A quick glimpse at the mobile screen will let them know their current sensor glucose level and where it’s heading. But there’s more. Setting-up low and high alerts is easy so that patient can be alerted if they are heading towards a hypo or hyper. It is also easy to share patient glucose reading with their family or friends. Care partners can even receive a text message when the patient drops below their target range.Guardian Connect does not work with Insulin Pumps.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR PATIENTS?
- 24/7 monitoring of glucose levels & trends, displayed directly on their mobile device
- Alerts on situations that may require immediate attention, e.g. alerts on threshold and predictive alerts for high and low
- Integrated logbook enabling tracking of daily events, e.g. Insulin records, carbohydrates, exercise, medication, etc
- Automated data upload to CareLink Personal
Access to data
- Access to CGM data for MDI patients enabling further insights and a more informed therapy decision
- Automatic data upload to CareLink Professional (if accounts are linked)
- Personalised reports on patients' glucose levels patterns
FOR CARE PARTNERS
Peace of mind
- Enables care partners to remotely track patient's glucose real time information on their own device
- Optional SMS alerts for high and low glucose levels
WHY STAND ALONE CONTINUOUS GLUCOSE MONITORING (CGM)?
- SMBGs are frequently performed less often than recommended1, because of discomfort, fear, pain or lifestyle2,3
- Up to 75% of hyper- and hypoglycaemic episodes can therefore go undetected4
- Patients may reduce insulin intake out of fear of hypoglycaemia5
- Real time continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) can further improve glycemic control(1-3) and reduce fear of hypoglycemia 6,7
- Endocrinologist associations endorse the benefits of CGM8
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Available from $9 per day with a Medtronic 12 month subscription^.
Discover whether your patient is eligible for funding from the CGM Initiative.
* The Guardian Connect app is compatible with iOS9 and above. The app will be compatible with the following hardware devices: iPhone 4S iPhone 5 iPhone 5C iPhone 5S iPhone 6 iPhone 6 Plus iPhone 6S iPhone 6S Plus iPhone SE iPod Touch (5th generation) iPod Touch (6th generation) iPad 3 iPad 4 iPad Air iPad Air 2 iPad Pro iPad Mini iPad Mini 2 iPad Mini 3 iPad Mini 4. Guardian Connect data cannot be transmitted via a MiniMed Insulin pump. For more information, please speak to your healthcare professional. 1 Hansen, M. V. et al., 2009. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 85(2), 183–88. 2 Vincze, G., et al., 2004. The Diabetes Educator, 30(1), 112–25. 3 Fisher, W. et al., 2013. Clinical Diabetes, 31(1), 34–42. 4 Kaufman, F.R. et al., 2001. Diabetes Care, 24(12), 2030–34. 5 Fidler, C., et al., 2011. Journal of Medical Economics,14(5), 646-55 6 Miller et al. ATTD2016. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, 18(S1), A27. 7 Martyn-Nemeth, P. et al., 2015. Journal of Diabetes and its Complications, 30(1), 167–77. 8 Fonseca VA, et al. Endocrine Practice 2016. DOI.10.4158/EP161392.CS.
^ $9 a day price based on a 12 month Guardian Connect subscription of $275 per month over a 12 month contract period.